Archives for February 2019
Hi! I hope you are all having a great weekend! I wanted to share some information about Youth Art Month with you. Our Zionsville Schools Fine Arts Department does an amazing job recognizing young artists in our community and we are happy to participate in their efforts again this year!
Join us this Friday, 5-7 pm, for a Youth Art Reception celebrating some amazing artists! We hope you will visit with us for a while and then take a look around other stores and restaurants at all the work on display. Other activities will be happening at Sullivan Munce, Robert Goodman Jewelers and the Library. Please join in the fun this Friday!! Art in our community will be on display throughout the month of March.
oh boy oh boy oh boy
This month’s product of the month is one of my favorites of the whole line, all natural hemp oil. When I talk about hemp oil during our classes at the store, the attendees usually purchase some hemp oil because I gush and gush about its many uses and wonderful properties.
- We use it on all of our wood pieces that will not be painted before we bring them in the store. It is a great way to clean, nourish and rejuvenate wood pieces.
- Wet sanding…if you haven’t done this, you must try. In a nutshell: paint, dry, squirt on the hemp oil, break out the 220 sandpaper and enjoy the smoothest finish you’ve ever felt.
- Resist: Apply a little hemp oil between two color of milk paint and create your own chippy goodness.
- Cast iron and metal: Season and clean your cast iron and metal pieces because ta-da, Hemp Oil is 100% food safe.
- Wood kitchen islands and tables, cutting boards and anything else you eat off of. So easy and good for the wood!
MMSMP Farmhouse White is an antique white, perfect for when you want a little depth on your piece of furniture. I’ve been using Farmhouse White more and more, and while I’m still a Grain Sack girl at heart, Farmhouse White is winning me over. We answer questions about the differences between the two colors all the time, and my general response is that Grain Sack has just a hint of gray and is therefore a bit darker than Farmhouse White. Check out our Pinterest board for more inspiration.
Our other Color of the Month for February, is Arabesque, a soft pale pink that is part of our European Line.